PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
1) Deposit and final payments must be paid by:
Direct Bank Transfer or Card Payment via Invoice –
PLEASE ENSURE YOUR NAME IS QUOTED ON ALL PAYMENTS
2) All bookings are made with AdventureCode Limited (Known here on in as AdventureCode Limited) registered office is 94 Saltergate, Saltergate, Chesterfield, Derbyshire S40 1LG. Director: Kev Sidford.
3) The terms and conditions of all agreements made with AdventureCode Limited shall be subject to, and governed by, English Law.
4) Any reference to the term ‘course’ in these booking conditions covers any course, trek, walk or expedition we sell.
5) To make a booking, you will be required to confirm your interest by email and completion of the booking form. An invoice will be sent to you for the full amount or a deposit if prior arrangements have been made with AdventureCode Limited.
6) It is important to be aware that once your deposit is paid, should you wish to cancel at any time thereafter, the deposits are non-refundable. In addition, the cancellation penalties detailed below will be applied. It is strongly recommended that you have suitable cancellation insurance coverage from the time of booking.
7) The balance on all courses is due 8 weeks before the start date of the trip. If this is not received by the specific date, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and your deposits will be forfeited, unless AdventureCode Limited has agreed to a delay in your payment.
8) Cancellation of a course by AdventureCode Limited will entitle you to a refund of the full cost of your course unless the cancellation has been forced by unforeseen government intervention in which case actual costs incurred by AdventureCode Limited will be subtracted from any refund due. No other compensation will be allowable.
9) Cancellation of bookings must be notified by email. Cancellation charges are set out below, based on the date of receipt of the email notification:
a. More than 10 weeks before departure – loss of initial deposit
b. 8-10 weeks – 60% of the total trip cost
c. 6-8 weeks – 80% of the total trip cost
d. Less than 6 weeks – 100% of total trip cost
Failure to provide vital documentation such as a visa, medical permission and trip insurance will result in exemption from the trip. Provision of these documents is the responsibility of the participant and cancellation of the trip due to inability to provide these documents is subject to the same cancellation terms and conditions noted above.
9a) If we cancel your trip because of COVID-19, or for any reason, we will give you,
your money back (i.e. a full refund). Or, you can ask us to transfer your booking,
previous deposit and your final balance, if already paid, over to another trip.
9b) Once you have paid the final balance and you subsequently have to self-isolate
by NHS Test & Trace system or via the NHS COVID-19 App ten days or less before the
trip and you do not have symptoms yourself, we will delay your course to the next
available, convenient to you, after your isolation has finished. There will be no additional
10) Whilst every effort will be made to adhere to the planned itinerary, it must be understood that in this type of course, changes to the itinerary may occur for which AdventureCode Limited accepts no responsibility, however, caused. AdventureCode Limited will make every effort to inform you of any change, when possible before departure. Your final itinerary may differ concerning the places where the course is delivered. In particular, it may be necessary to alter your itinerary at short notice due to adverse weather, mountain conditions, client or leader illness, road conditions, or operating conditions imposed by owners and operators of accommodation, facilities, aircraft, vessels and other forms of transport. Should such conditions involve clients in extra costs such as accommodation, transportation and meals, such costs should be borne by the client. AdventureCode Limited will have clear communication throughout this process.
11) AdventureCode Limited cannot be held responsible for any missed connecting transport that was booked independently of AdventureCode Limited. Even when advice was given on which flights AdventureCode Limited’s guide is taking. All flights booked by the individual are at their own risk and responsibility.
12) We reserve the right to cancel any trip, which does not have sufficient people taking part to make it financially viable. If a trip is likely to be cancelled under such circumstances, we undertake to inform you as soon as possible, but this may occur after final balances have been taken but will not occur less than 30 days before the departure date.
13) If you have any complaints whilst on the trip, you must immediately inform your leader or our overseas representative who will use all reasonable efforts to remedy them. If you remain dissatisfied, you must make full details of the complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the end of your trip. If you fail to follow this simple complaints procedure, your right to claim the compensation you may otherwise have been entitled to may be affected or even lost as a result.
14) Anyone booked onto a trip cancelled by AdventureCode Limited will be entitled to a full refund of the fees paid to AdventureCode Limited for that trip. No other compensation will be allowable.
15) Leaders will do their utmost to ensure that any problems are solved for the benefit of the group as a whole. Signing the booking form signifies your acceptance of the Leader’s authority to make decisions affecting the group or individuals. For instance, he/she may require an individual to leave the group if he/she believes that person’s health is at risk, they exhibit signs of inadequate fitness, if an illegal act is committed, or their behaviour becomes detrimental to the safety, enjoyment or well being of the group. Should the Leader take such action, that person would not be entitled to any refund.
16) AdventureCode Limited reserves the right to change the advertised trip leader.
17) Most of our trips involve mountain or desert trekking and each carries an inherent level of risk. Most of our trips visit remote locations with limited infrastructures where the health risks are increased and the ability to treat injury or illness effectively is reduced. You must also understand trekking in these locations is a hazardous activity with a risk of harm.
18) Neither AdventureCode Limited nor any of their representatives will be responsible for any illness, injury or death sustained on their trip except where such illness, injury or death is caused by negligence or that of their representatives, nor will they be liable for any uninsured loss of personal property.
19) On assessing the conditions expected to be encountered in the locations where we operate or the abilities of the team members, your course Leader may decide to change any aspect of the trip if he/she believes that continuing with the itinerary would place anyone at undue risk.
20) Most courses have days in the itinerary that are included to provide flexibility in case of bad weather or other delays, and thereby increases the chance of your main objective being achieved and for the trip to be successful. If these days are not needed to achieve the aim of the expedition and the team decides to return early, any additional costs incurred by you and associated with extra hotel nights, or services that would not otherwise have been provided nor were given in the published itinerary, must be met by you at the time.
21) AdventureCode Limited cannot be made liable for the consequences of strikes, industrial action, wars, riots, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions, or other untoward occurrences. See Sub Paragraph 9a.
22) To take part in one of our trips you must be covered by adequate insurance for the complete duration of the trip. Your insurance must include cover for: cancellation, medical expenses, injury, death, and cost of repatriation, search and helicopter evacuation. If in the event of an emergency medical rescue or evacuation from a trip of you the client, either by foot, helicopter or otherwise, the responsibility for the payment of such costs will lie with the client. Any subsequent costs for expenses such as hotels, food, transport etc. shall be borne by the client. The client must ensure adequate insurance is in place before departure. Including a full medical disclosure to the insurance company of your up to date condition.
23) In case of a suspected or confirmed emergency involving you or the group of which you are a member, AdventureCode Limited reserves the right to arrange (or to make arrangements for its or your insurers to arrange) search, rescue and recovery as it deems appropriate and reasonable. You agree to indemnify AdventureCode Limited and keep AdventureCode Limited indemnified from all losses, apportioned appropriately to you, arising from any such search, any such helicopter usage and any resulting repatriation, for medical or non-medical reasons, including legal costs of making a recovery against you.
24) AdventureCode’s representatives, other than the Owner of AdventureCode Limited, are not entitled to promise refunds or additional services for whatever reason, and AdventureCode Limited will not be bound by any such promise.
25) A client leaving a course at any stage, for whatever reason, will not be entitled to any refund or compensation unless agreed by the Owner of AdventureCode Limited.
26) Exchange rates may vary, but once we have confirmed your booking we guarantee the price won’t change. We will not pass on surcharges of any kind. We only offer itineraries that we are confident won’t change. Our pricing is straightforward with no hidden extras.
27) The website prices should be seen as indicative and may be subject to minor changes. You will not be eligible for any refund if the trip cost is reduced on our website after you have booked.
28) If the UK Foreign Office does not issue advice against all travel to your destination, and you decide not to travel based on a perceived threat or hazard, howsoever formed, this will be interpreted as a voluntary cancellation and the charges set out above.
29) Non-UK Nationals should consult their own government for advice on travel to the destination country and all countries transited en route. AdventureCode Limited will, however, be governed by advice from the UK Foreign Office.
30) Having made every effort to ensure the correctness of this brochure and supporting materials, we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies.
31) AdventureCode Limited shall ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to protect your personal data (as defined by the Data Protection Act 2018). When you make a booking, you consent to all the information you provide being passed on to AdventureCode Limited’s suppliers, agents, sub-contractors, employees or volunteers whether based inside or outside the European Economic Area to provide you with the course.
32) By agreeing to these booking conditions, you consent to AdventureCode Limited’s staff taking photographs and/or video footage of you during the trip and that these images may be used by AdventureCode Limited for publicity and training purposes including, but not limited to, in brochures, websites material and in the media. Photos and video footage supplied by you or other team members may also be used as described above.
33) By uploading a review you consent to AdventureCode Limited taking intellectual property rights of the content published, to be reused on our website and/or other publicity.
34) On the advancement of deposit for a booking on any of our courses, the client acknowledges that he/she has read and understands the above booking conditions and agrees to be bound by them.